Saturday, 30 June 2012

The Start

It's halfway through the year and it's just starting to get busy. The first half comprised of balancing work and full time training/racing. It hasn't been easy but after my indefinite last shift last night, I now have the time to fully focus on riding without the hassle of having to train around work.

I can't think of better way to kick start my first National Road Series the Tour of Gippsland than to go race the International Cycling Classic / Superweek Pro Tour in USA. I'm going into this 17 day series with a fair amount of form coming off some good months on the bike. I've organised to stay and travel to the races with some guys I raced with in Belgium last year. An American Phillip Snodgrass (DNA Racing), Canadian Stephen Keeping (Stevens Bikes) and another Aussie Douglas Repacholi (China Jilun) just to make it feel like home. I'm expecting to learn even more off these guys this year which in itself is something that I am really looking forward to and then there's the amount and calibre of racing, 17 days straight, nearly all 100km Crits and then 2 or 3 Kermesse style.

I leave Wednesday, with a lot still to pack meaning everything but that should be able to be done in a few hours. There's heaps of time between now and Wednesday to do that. The first race I'm riding is in Chicago on Friday. 100km, 1.6km lap, 6 corners. What can already be describe as fun I'm sure. I'm looking forward to it and the days to follow. That's it for now, more to come, hope you enjoy reading up about what's going on.

Calum

No comments:

Post a Comment