After what was already an annoying flight (15 hours to Los Angeles) it only really turned worse, having to stop in Los Angeles airport for 4 hours, it may seem like a short time but it's a pretty boring airport to be spending any time in. Those 7 hours before the flight home are going to be fun I bet. The hour in Denver was alright, I knew I was on the last leg and having slept from Los Angeles to Denver I was feeling quite good.
The run in over Milwaukee was a sight, being Independence day, the descent into the airport was an array of fireworks popping up all over the city. Once I got in, I was just to find my luggage and Phil was there to pick me up. Just a further hour drive took us to Racine, Wisconsin where i'll be staying with Phil and with a couple Art and Cathy. It's amazing that they are accommodating me for a few weeks. This will be my base for a few weeks and we'll be heading to races by car. Most are 2 hours max away. First race Saturday now, tomorrow is supposed to be another hot one like today, 40+ degrees. But then next week is going to cool down to 25-30 which will be perfect for doing kms.
Today was hot!! We drove into town just to have a look, I found myself taking photo's of a large majority of the houses that had 20 flags out the front, Phil assures me it's only because of Independence day but I'm not sure I believe him yet. We'll see. After the drive we hit up Walmart to do some shopping. It's quite large with heaps of product, as for the quality i'm not so sure about. Next time i'll see if we can go to Wholefoods, which I think has better quality products.. But I have been told these such items will be hard to find. It got 10 degrees cooler in the evening so we went out for an hour on the bikes. 32 degrees I found is still quite warm when you've come from living at 10-14 degrees. So naturally I was sweating a considerable amount. Then the rain came in, which was really great. It was only a heavy shower but was perfect timing as I was getting really hot. We ended the ride dry which was a plus also. Dinner was followed by watching yesterdays stage of Le Tour, Goss will have one next time.
 |
| Temp home |
 |
| Average America home the day after Independence day |
 |
| Walmart |
It's off to bed for me, getting up to beat the heat.
Calum
No comments:
Post a Comment